Here … for just such a time as this. [Esther 4:14]
To deliver pastoral care to one another [1 Thess. 5:11]
To make new wineskins for new wine [Matt. 9:17]
To offer to the world that which we have [Acts 3:6]
We seek to gather in faith and hope. Let us turn from lamentations toward the Light, for “God is my refuge and my strength.” [Psalms 46:1] We acknowledge the world as it is and work to spread the Light that will change it, to offer pastoral care for Friends, to move toward the Quakerism that the world needs, and to turn hearts to our refuge and strength.
“Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?’ And I said, “Here I am! Send me.’” [Isaiah 6:8]
March 12-21, 2021
The main registration is now closed. Late registration is still open, with some limitations:
For late registrations, the cost remains the same, but you are no longer able to sign up for certain events including home groups and some of the workshops.
What do I need to know before registering?
Ready to register? Before you do, you need the following:
- A valid email address (note that our system will only accept one registration for each email address)
- The appropriate registration fee (see the section regarding cost)
- Your top three choices for workshops (see workshop descriptions here)
- If you would like to share music during our Festival of Music, you will need to tell us a bit about what type of music you would like to share!
- Choose your payment method – online with PayPal or a credit card or by sending a check
Remember that your registration is not complete until we receive your payment!
Section Meeting Logistics and FAQs
Help us spread the word! Invite your Friends!
- Send them to this site: fwccamericas.org/SM21
- Share this flyer
- Share FWCC Facebook/Twitter/Instagram posts with your Friends
- Use the hashtag #HereAqui
- Share a daily prayer or reflection with our social media followers – contact robinm@fwccamericas for details!
- Consider how your Yearly Meeting can represent during our roll call! Can everyone wear a hat or a certain color? Share a virtual background? Be creative!
How much does it cost to participate?
The costs this year are as follows: $150 for registrants from the US and Canada, $25 for registrants from Latin America and the Caribbean, and $150 for any registrant coming from outside the Section of the Americas. There is a discounted fee of $50 available for registrants from the US and Canada who need additional support to participate, beyond what their monthly and/or yearly meetings may provide.
Are any events available for free?
We will have two events that are livestreamed and available to all! They are:
- The program led by the FWCC Traveling Ministry Corps on Saturday, March 13th at 3pm Pacific, 4pm Mountain, 5pm Central, 6pm Eastern time
- The worship service on Sunday March 21st at 9am Pacific, 10am Mountain, 11am Central, 12 noon Eastern time
Check back closer to the time for details and links!
Technology & Accessibility
What technology do I need in order to participate in an online Section Meeting?
You need an email account in order to register. You need a computer, smartphone, or other device that can handle a Zoom call to participate most fully. It is most common to connect via the internet, but you can also connect via a phone call. With a smartphone call, you can participate fully. You can use a telephone that is not a smart phone to dial in to a Zoom call for audio only. Some social or small group events may happen on another platform TBD, but the main events will occur using Zoom. If you are in Cuba, we will work to patch you in to the Zoom calls another way.
Why the Section Meeting?
What is the Section Meeting?
The Section Meeting is the biggest conference organized by the Friends World Committee for Consultation, Section of the Americas. It is held every two years. All Friends are welcome to attend! Normally we meet in person, but this year that is not possible, so we will recreate as much of the experience as we can online. The schedule includes opportunities for worship, workshops, business sessions, and small group activities. It is a great opportunity to get to know and connect with more Friends from North, Central, and South America and the Caribbean and to learn more about the Friends World Committee!
What is the mission of the Friends World Committee for Consultation?
Answering God’s call to universal love, FWCC brings Friends of varying traditions and cultural experiences together in worship, communications, and consultation to express our common heritage and our Quaker message to the world.
Who should I contact with other questions?
For questions about registration details and payment, contact Heather Gosse. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 1-215-241-7250
For questions about COAL registration, contact Karen Gregorio. Email: email@example.com WhatsApp: 502-30466129
For other questions about the Section Meeting, contact Heather Gosse. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 1-215-241-7250